"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. Think about that, and you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Too many organisations simply hope for the best - and find themselves dangerously exposed when things go awry. Left unmanaged, this can cause serious reputational damage.
We provide crisis communications services across London, Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex, Kent and UK-wide.
We can help you in two ways: by advising you when problems erupt; and by helping you prepare in advance for potential problems.
We have a considerable track record in managing 'live' crises - from community protests to product defects, business failures, employee disputes, financial set-backs and construction disasters.
If a problem hits you, we can provide calm, experienced support to help you:
- communicate swiftly and effectively with your audiences
- manage hostile media attention and
- take the best steps to restore your reputation longer term
In terms of advance preparation for potential crises, we can:
- help you identify - and minimise - your greatest reputational risks
- create contingency statements and response plans for priority scenarios
- provide crisis training - exploring the differences between creeping, sudden and planned disasters; the four main phases of crisis communications; and what to do in terms of principles, process and content
- help you set up a Crisis Team and run role play sessions to coach your spokespeople on how to respond under fire
The output is typically a practical Crisis Communications Guide tailored for your organisation.
“TK Associates' crisis planning has enabled us to avoid costly mistakes.”
Abigail Gilbert, Communications Manager, Sea Space
“They're an agency that's good to have on your side in a tough situation.”
Peter Jones, Leader, East Sussex County Council
“I strongly recommend TK Associates as a highly professional communications firm.”
Peter Mead, Head, Pebsham Project
“They are tenacious and produce results.”
Eva Tyler, Communications Director, Presentation Group