Local government communications
We have significant experience in advising local authorities and related organisations.
Our client track record includes:
- Runnymede Borough Council
- East Sussex County Council
- Wolverhampton, Telford, Walsall, Sandwell, Dudley & Shropshire councils
- Hastings Borough Council
- Rother District Council
- The South East Local Enterprise Partnership – backed by local authorities across Essex, Kent & East Sussex
- Sea Change Sussex – an economic development company led by three councils & the University of Brighton
The projects we’ve delivered for such local government bodies include:
- communications & marketing programmes to support local authority-backed regeneration & economic development programmes
- communications strategy development to gain support for a new regional adoption agency
- copywriting Runnymede Borough Council's 600-page web site
- development of an economic vision & inward investment marketing strategy for two south-east towns
- media work to raise the profile of the South East Local Enterprise Partnership
- public consultation exercises for a range of urban & rural developments and Gypsy & Traveller sites
- crisis communications to manage negative issues & community opposition
Please don't hesitate to get in touch to find out how we could support you.
"I've seen just how effective TK Associates have been in guiding the PR efforts of our regeneration programme over nearly a decade.
They've helped us avoid many pitfalls and put forward a positive, convincing case for an often controversial £500 million programme. This involved galvanising support amongst communities including that of the media and key opinion formers.
Tariq in particular has advised us on how to deal effectively with highly organised protest groups who opposed the construction of new roads and business premises, enlisting the support of local businesses and other groups to counter the loud and often violent voices of a tiny minority.
TK Associates are thoroughly professional and strong on both strategic and tactical advice – an agency that’s good to have on your side in a tough situation."
Peter Jones CBE, Leader of East Sussex County Council, 2001-2013
“We’ve been consistently delighted with TK Associates’ service.”
Abigail Gilbert, Sea Space (council-backed regeneration body)
“TK Associates are strong on both strategic and tactical advice.”
Peter Jones CBE, Leader, East Sussex County Council
“I strongly recommend TK Associates as a highly professional communications firm.”
Peter Mead, Hastings Borough Council
“They're tenacious and produce results.”
Eva Tyler, Communications Director, Presentation Housing